How to Take Care of Your Inverter Battery
Battery is like a backbone of an inverter, which is responsible for its smooth and efficient working. Therefore, regular maintenance and care are very crucial for the battery’s performance. Even battery needs timely maintenance for uninterrupted and smooth operation and long life. They form an integral part to help you live comfortably on the problematic and unbearable times of power cut.
Some battery maintenance tips are:
- Always use a well-ventilated area for inverter installation. The inverter battery gets heated up during charging up and in operation. Proper ventilation reduces the heating up of the battery and water topping requirement.
- After installation, keep using the inverter battery on a regular basis. If the power cut doesn’t happen, then discharge the battery once a month and then recharge it.
- Check the water level of the battery Ensure that the water level is maintained between the minimum and maximum water limit. Also, make sure to top up the battery with distilled water. Do not affect the life and performance of the battery by using rainwater or tap water as they contain excess minerals and impurities.
- Always keep the surface and sides of the battery clean and dust-free.
- Keep the battery terminals corrosion-free and rust-free. The restricted flow of current results in slow battery charging which ultimately reduces battery life.
- Keep a check on the blocked vents of the battery as they lead to hydrogen gas accumulation, which may lead to bursting of the battery.
- Install the inverter at a safe place where it is away from the reach of children.
- Replace the battery if it is dead or damaged. Regular inspection will keep you updated on your inverter and battery conditions.
Let’s also look at some of the reasons which lead to the failure of inverter batteries earlier than expected.
- Poor quality battery charger
- Overcharging battery
- Excess usage
- Deep discharging battery
- Lack of regular maintenance
- Electrolyte leakage
Livfast is the leading power specialist in India with an extensive and outstanding portfolio of Power backup solutions such as automotive batteries, inverters, inverter batteries and solar applications. We are a trusted name for home inverters and a large variant of efficient batteries. Livfast understands the needs of a customer and is thus, equipped with a large product line for different needs of different consumers. We deliver powerful and consistent performance with our recirculation factory technology. All the inverters and inverter batteries are of the spill-proof design, primarily keeping safety and long-lasting performance in mind.